This website is for educational purposes and is not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional.
As an Amazon associate and influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. There are also affiliate links present here where I earn from as well. Thanks so much for reading.
Gut health is one of the most important things if not the important thing when it comes to taking care of our bodies. Would you agree? Some may beg to differ but there are some health resources that state that the gut is the second brain. Well, there you have it. Today l’m going to share 7 things that I do to maintain gut health. These are some tips. I urge to research to discover what works for you.
1. Drink ACV in the morning. There’s just something about it. It has so many health benefits. I will typically add a cap full to a glass of room temp water. If you don’t think you can handle it that way, I also add it to hot water to make a tea and then add honey. Some benefits are better digestion, balanced pH and natural detoxification.
2. Drink lemon water in the morning. So drinking lemon water is another great thing that helps the gut. It naturally detoxes the body while preparing the stomach for digestion. Sometimes I even add it to my ACV and water. I sometimes even add it to just hot water and sip on it throughout the day.
3. Take a probiotic. I take a probiotic every morning. It helps me tremendously with balancing my gut. A probiotic is especially good after coming off of antibiotics to replenish good bacteria.
4. Avoid/limit mucus producing foods. So for me this has been come very important since I deal with intolerances to include dairy. I do okay with a slice a pizza every now and then but lately really have been trying to avoid it completely. Milk is definitely a no no. I discovered that it breaks me out so bad. I have to avoid products with milk. Every now and then again is okay but I prefer again to not have it at all. These foods may also produce a ton of gas which is another reason they should be avoided.
5. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water flushes out the system and the more you drink the better. Try drinking more water by doing this. Fill a water bottle up in the morning and then fill it up at least twice more for the day.
6. Avoid food allergens. So this is a big one that piggy backs with mucus producing food. If you have an allergy or intolerance towards a food, avoid eating it. In addition to food intolerance, I also have oral allergy syndrome, so I try to avoid foods that are associated with protein relating to certain pollen.
7. Take a digestive enzyme. As we get older, are bodies have to work harder at breaking down food. Our bodies don’t make as many enzymes as they use to. I’ve found that taking a digestive enzyme helps me tremendously in breaking down foods. I typically take one with every meal. Love them!
1. Avoid/limit gluten. Some find that when they rid gluten from their diets, they feel tremendously better.
2. Drink Herbal tea. I drink a lemon herbal tea by Bigelow that I absolutely love. Herbal is better than caffeine when it comes to gut health. I have taken caffeine out of my diet and it feel tremendously better.
3. Limit your sugar intake. Cut back on sugary snacks and only save them for special occasions or a nice treat every now and then. You'll be surprised how your body adjusts and how it reacts to too much sugar once you have cut back.
4. Try a low histamine diet. Histamine is naturally found in many foods but if we eat too much of these foods, our bodies can have histamine overload which is what happens to me. My skin breaks out, I have stomach pain, I feel bloated, etc.,etc. All things that we do not want.
What are some things that you do for gut health? Please share below.
Don't forget to subscribe. Hover on the orange button below and then the green follow button to always be up to date on my new posts. Happy Reading Sis!
Jan 18, 22 03:53 PM
I'm sharing my steps on how to manifest a job in 90 days. I used these steps to manifest my current position.
Oct 26, 21 04:37 PM
How to overcome fear by simply acknowledging and embracing it. Fear needs love too.
Aug 14, 21 05:50 PM
So you have meditated and things still are not manifesting in your life, here are some tips to help you along