This website is for educational purposes and is not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional. As an Amazon associate and influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. There are also affiliate links present here where I earn from as well. Thanks so much for reading my lifestyle blog. I hope something resonates with you.
Skin care tips are great when starting a routine and having a good skin care routine is a must. And If you don’t have one just yet, no worries. It’s never too late to start. I tend to get compliments on my skin and how it glows and wanted to provide a few skin care tips of what I do daily. And being in my 40s as well as an eczema sufferer, those are such wonderful compliments that I appreciate so much. So here we go.
1. Avoid allergens/intolerances — This may be one of the best skin care tips ever. I have stop eating certain foods that cause me to have digestive issues to include bloating which in return affects my skin causing to me have eczema break outs. I have stopped eating eggs, dairy, soy, corn and white potatoes and have noticed an improvement in my overall health. I check the packaging to ensure that certain ingredients are not present which has been a huge aha moment. I've been able to pinpoint so many things during quarantine. Yay! It's been a blessing.
2. Cleanse — Find a good cleanser that you love. I have been using cetaphil for a few years now. I love how gentle it is while also giving a good lather. I started using it from the pump bottle then transitioned to the bar cleanser that I absolutely love. It’s so refreshing and such a great way to start my morning. Use cool water to rinse which tightens the skin which will give you a glow.
3. Eye cream — So I discovered that Cetaphil also has an under the eye cream..yay!! Sign me up!! I started using it right around March when quarantine hit and have been using it every since. I love that it’s very affordable and how it glides on my skin. It’s very light and not sticky, which is for me a win, win!
4. Hydrate — Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I really can’t stress this enough. Our bodies need water and water helps push toxins of our bodies. I have become much better at drinking water since being home due to the pandemic. I must admit that I’m not always perfect everyday but I’m certainly a lot better than before.
5. Moisturize — Find a nice moisturizer that you love and that works well for your skin. I use Eucerin lotion for dry skin. I’ve been using it for quite awhile now and it’s perfect for my skin.
6. Sunscreen — Use a sunscreen daily. I have been using a Neutrogena sunscreen for over a few years now and love it. I love how light it is and a little goes a long way. Be sure to apply on your hands as well. Need to protect the driver’s hand from the rays of the sun. haha
7. Vitamin C Serum — I started using a Vitamin C serum around March right after quarantine and recently have been using No. 7 Youthful Vitamin C. I like that you have to mix it to activate it. I typically apply it twice a day. I love the way it feels when I apply it to my fingertips then on my face. The castor oil may have something to do with that, which I absolutely love.
1. I’ve started using a facial roller. I’m not always consistent but when I do it’s such a wonderful feeling. I took the advice of many and stuck it in the refrigerator. It really takes it to completely different experience.
2. Eat a balanced meal. Be sure to have your greens too.
3. Take supplements. I take B vitamins, probiotics and fish oils to name a few.
Coming Soon! Tips on how to manage eczema breakouts. I've recently had a couple of flareups but the good thing is that I know exactly what caused them and want to share with you. The crazy thing is that I've gone through this before but somehow forgot to do this one thing to prevent my flareup. Stay tuned.
What's part of your skin care regiment? Did anything resonate with you? Comment below.
Hello Beautiful You. I'm Verronica. and welcome to my online home. I share tips from my personal experiences on wellness, manifesting, fashion and lifestyle over 40. Thank you so much for being here. Learn more.
Get alerted by hovering on the orange button below and then the green follow button to always be up to date on my new posts. Happy Reading Sis!
Jan 08, 23 05:59 PM
Dec 08, 22 10:30 PM
Dec 07, 22 03:43 PM
Dec 03, 22 12:48 AM
My Amazon Holiday Shopping List 🌲 Come shop with me.
New! CommentsLet me know if what I said resonated with you. Leave me a comment in the box below.