This website is for educational purposes and is not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional. As an Amazon associate and influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. There are also affiliate links present here where I earn from as well. Thanks so much for reading my lifestyle blog. I hope something resonates with you.
We all have stress in our lives whether it comes from work and/or home but the key is learning how to manage it. Once we’re able to manage it, we’re able to breathe more which makes all the difference in the world.
With school starting back up, a lot of parents will be dealing with a ton of stress especially with some kiddos doing virtually learning. And if you’re a working parent, you may find yourself stressing out a bit more by trying to find balance in it all.
Our kids are older so it hasn’t been too bad but there are some stressors that make sneak up from time to time. In today’s blog, I wanted to share 7 tips that helps me deals with stress. I hope you find them helpful too.
1. Realize that you cannot control everything and that at the end of day, this too shall pass. I love using this mantra because it really helps to ease my stress saying you know what, everything is going to be okay and this will eventually pass. So there’s no need to stress about something especially if its out of my control. When I actually say, “this too shall pass”, a calmness and shift happens in my body which allows me to put my mind at ease.
2. Exercise is huge when managing stress and so many do not take advantage of it enough. When I exercise, I feel so good afterwards. I feel relaxed, at ease and this feeling carries on hours after I’m done working out. Exercise does not have to consist of going to the gym either. With the pandemic, gyms have been closed but so many still do not feel comfortable going back even with restrictions lifted and that’s okay, there’s so many other things you can do.
3. Choose your battles wisely. I think we have all heard of this saying once or twice but what does it really mean. For me, it means that everything does not have to be a debate or a fight. Sometimes making it known to someone that you agree to disagree is enough to ease nerves and to not stress over things. When it comes to our kids, it’s about finding balance and not making a fuss over everything.
When things are fussed over all of the time, things can be stressful and tense when it does not have to be. We choose the things that really need to fussed over and not worry too much about the rest. There are a lot of reminders and lessons for our kids along the way.
4. Walk away. This sounds so cliche but so necessary. It’s really easy to do. Ha! Well for some. Again, it’s okay to not always have a debate. It’s okay to say, God this is in your hands and just simply walk away. Peace is so much better than being stressed.
5. Take time for yourself. Wow! This is so huge. We all need to do this for ourselves. Both men and women. It’s so important to decompress and take time for ourselves as individuals to do what we feel we need to feed our souls and only us as individuals know what that entails.
6. Meditate. Oh boy, meditation is so wonderful! I’m not perfect at it but who says that you have to be perfect. For me, meditation helps me clear my mind while also helping me to focus and hone in on all of the things that I want to manifest in my life.
So if having a less stressed life is something that you want, meditate on it to determine what areas of your life you need to work on to make that happen. The answers will come. You just to be patient and listen. Mediation allows you to be still so that you can listen more attentively.
7. Oooo this is a good one. Realize that everything may not get done and that’s okay. The house may be a mess, or the clothes haven’t been folded yet or the dishes haven’t been put away and it’s okay. It’s okay to not have it all together. With so many things going on, it can be hard to get to everything. However, do not let things go too long. For us during the week, all of the clothes may not get put away and some areas of our home will need to be tidied and that’s okay but we do designate the weekends to catch up, clean up, deep clean, put away and etc. because it has to be done at some point.
If you have kids who are old enough, give them a set of chores to do. Our kids starting doing chores early. I think about 5 or 6. Of course, their lists started small but became longer as they I got much older. They are part of the household and need to feel that they are part of a family unit and realize that teamwork makes the dream work. Yaass! It gives them a sense of purpose too while also helping with household duties. A win, win for all. Ok, maybe not for the kids..lol but they'll appreciate it once they are older...hopefully.
I’m sure there may be some other tips that I’m missing. If I think of anything else, I will definitely share. Does any of these tips resonate with you? If so, let me know.
Hello Beautiful You. I'm Verronica. and welcome to my online home. I share tips from my personal experiences on wellness, manifesting, fashion and lifestyle over 40. Thank you so much for being here. Learn more.
Get alerted by hovering on the orange button below and then the green follow button to always be up to date on my new posts. Happy Reading Sis!
May 31, 23 09:50 AM
Jan 08, 23 05:59 PM
Dec 08, 22 10:30 PM
Dec 07, 22 03:43 PM
New! CommentsLet me know if what I said resonated with you. Leave me a comment in the box below.